At Trinity Academy Grammar, our students graduate at the end of year 8. The graduation programme runs throughout years 7 and 8 and aims to raise students’ aspirations, and increase their levels of motivation and engagement. Parents are invited to celebrate their child’s achievements at a memorable ceremony, complete with traditional cap and gown. In order to graduate, students are required to demonstrate an excellent approach to school life.
There are a number of criteria that students must meet in order to graduate. These include:
- An excellent behaviour record (a minimum of 250 Achievement Points per year).
- An excellent attendance record (a minimum of 96% attendance over the year).
- High attendance at extra-curricular activities (at least 85% attendance in a club of the student’s choice).
- Average of 70% in their Masters of Recall Big Test.
- Supporting the academy or wider community in at least two events.
- Good attitude to learning in English, maths, science and at least two other subjects.
There are different tiers of graduation, dependent on each child’s performance. These range from First Class to a Third. Students are regularly updated and advised of their progress towards these targets. Students who exceed these targets will aim to become part of the elite group of students who graduate with honours.