Health & Wellbeing - Additional Support
At Trinity Academy Grammar, we are happy to offer our students a range of emotional health and wellbeing services, which include:
- One-to-one sessions with a Child Protection and Wellbeing officer.
- Small group interventions on a range of topics.
- Therapeutic Interventions in Secondary Schools Programme (THISS) for KS3 students.
- Family Intervention Link worker.
- Referrals to other agencies where applicable to help and support our young people and their families.
- Various assemblies and external speakers in throughout the year to deliver on a number of topics.
We know that feeling distressed or unhappy from time to time is normal, however if these feelings are persistent or are causing a lot of worry for a person you are concerned about then you may need to seek professional help.
In Calderdale, young people and schools have a range of services including peer support, family support and counselling that can help.
If you are struggling to cope on your own and you need support, there are people in school who you can talk to, in a safe and non-judgmental environment. Our wellbeing team offers two types of in-school support, including 1:1 support sessions with a Child Protection and Wellbeing Officer and 1:1 counselling sessions with a School Counsellor. If you’d like to know more about in-school support, speak to your Year Leader or email firstname.lastname@example.org.